Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Goodbye Email at APCO

I remember my first week at APCO a colleague said to me:

“Still having fun?”

My answer, which I hope defines my tenure at APCO, was, “Always.”

If APCO hires people, not positions, then I walk away hopeful that I successfully filled the role of Steve Guttenberg’s Sgt. Mahoney from Police Academy.

For every political landscape overview, grassroots mobilization program, budget request and media kit, there was a Five Guys Friday, a transfer request to a Nyuuk, Greenland office, a hockey goal lighting fixture dubbed “the bad idea light” and a life-sized cardboard cutout of Admiral Akbar from the Star Wars films.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned at APCO, it’s that every one of us is capable of taking the work seriously, without taking ourselves too seriously. This is no doubt due to the amazing group of people assembled here that bring out the best in each of our personalities. People have mentored me and helped me develop professionally so that I am well-equipped for the challenges that lie ahead.

I hope to continue to stay in touch with all of you and have included my info below. I know you are all thinking I’m going to use this opportunity to plug my band, “Bonjour, Ganesh!” and our website www.bonjourganesh.com, but I’m not. I leave “Five Guys Fridays” in the capable hands of Brian McLaughlin, the last remaining founding father from APCO’s “Bullpen Era.” Brian is more than capable in leading the charge to consume artery clogging burgers and fries each Friday and help combat “Health Fruit Tuesdays.”

I arrived as your colleague and leave as your friend. With that in mind, please enjoy this short video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFyl4GxBzEw&feature=PlayList&p=AADD7BBE3CD48B1B&index=0

Sincerely,
Adam Rosenberg
adam@CDT.org (work email)
Adam.Rosenberg@gmail.com (personal email)
(202) 253-3091 (cell phone)

No comments: